Vulnerability Response and Disclosure Process
Monitor and and assign received vulnerabilities in a timely manner
Verify the vulnerability and confirm the exploitability and impact
Provide effective fix solutions or risk remediations measures
Investigate and confirm the complete scope of affected products
Review and publish the security advisory for the security vulnerability
You can report the discovered security vulnerabilities through the following methods
As the vulnerability information is extremely sensitive, we strongly recommend you download and use our public PGP key (key ID DCC2896C; fingerprint: EF25 EADF 40D1 98D1 2029 F0A9 B4A8 E8AA DCC2 896C) to encrypt the information before sending it to us.
The email should include at least the following information:
- Your organization and contact information
- Products and versions affected
- Description of the potential vulnerability
- Information about known exploits
- Disclosure plans
- Additional information, if any
Xiaomi Security Center
Although we encourage investigation of potential security breaches, we cannot tolerate any activity that may interfere with legitimate users or may violate applicable computer abuse, cyber security and data protection regulations. Therefore, the following activities are prohibited:
- Modification or destruction of data
- Service disruption or degradation, such as DoS
- Disclosure of personal, proprietary or financial information
We'll respond within 48 hours to the vulnerabilities you submit.
* Note: Actual vulnerability response time may vary depending on the risk level and complexity of the vulnerability.
Vulnerability Disclosure Instructions
Xiaomi discloses security vulnerabilities in its products in two ways:
- Security Advisory (SA): When the vulnerability has been confirmed, we disclose detailed vulnerability information and corresponding remediations through an SA.
- Security Notice (SN): When a potential vulnerability is discovered or noted externally, but we have not confirmed the vulnerability yet, we disclose the basic information of the vulnerability and our investigation progress through an SN.
The vulnerability information shall be kept confidential until Xiaomi releases the Security Advisory or Security Notice to the public.
For the basic principles and dispute resolution during the vulnerability reporting and disclosure, please refer to our Dispute Resolution Principles.
Xiaomi discloses the security vulnerability information in our
Xiaomi Security Centerregularly.